Dec 8, 2010

Time of year...

Almost that perfect time of year. The time when it becomes so cold outside that just opening the door to my hole in the wall lets in a biting chill, the kind that feels like it scratches your face. The kind that dries everything out. The kind that makes you shiver in your sleep. The kind that makes whiskey taste better. The kind that makes me angry enough to write a bunch of bullshit on this website. I had a birthday recently. One more year down. Another step closer to getting old enough that I can get away with things. The one thing that keeps me from ending it all, most days, is knowing that one day I might live to be old enough to get away with cursing irreverently, smoking in places where it is not allowed, drinking earlier and earlier in the day, and of course, pinching the asses of any and all nurses in sight.

Anyway. I had my first terribly annoyed at work, seasonally, day at work today, so it felt like the time was right to write some life back into the Blasphemite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply fantastic. Bitter and edgy, short and directly what you want to say, no bullshit.