Dec 19, 2009

Yee-Haw

So the Blizzard of '09 is coming down. Slowly now, but there is more than enough snow and ice on the ground to make my fellow Richmonders turn into complete maniacs on the road. No one here can drive in the rain. Imagine what they do in the snow...

" SATAN IS REAL. WORKING IN SPIRIT. YOU CAN SEE HIM AND HEAR HIM IN THIS WORLD EVERY DAY. SATAN IS REAL. WORKING WITH POWER. HE CAN TEMPT YOU AND LEAD YOU ASTRAY."

Working my way to the bottom of a bottle again tonight. Keeping warm with my friends J & B. That's Justerini and Brooks for those of you who don't drink whisky that will put hair on your balls.

"I'M GOIN' STRAIGHT TO HELL. AIN'T NOTHING SLOWIN' ME DOWN. I'M GOIN' STRAIGHT TO HELL, SO YOU JUS' BETTER GIMME ONE MORE ROUND."

There is something dignified about drinking something with a history. I don't mean a brewing or distilling history. I mean a cultural history. American beers that have stayed true to their roots and the men (and I guess women, but fuck 'em) that drink it. Pabst comes to mind. I know plenty of limp wristed trend hoppers in their skinny jeans, with their art degrees who drink pabst for the price. Or because someone years ago noticed the price. And adopted it as the hipster art fag beer of choice. The reality is that the true pabst drinker would have no time, or patience for idealized political naivete, uninformed "graphic design" "art work", and fashions including, but not limited to: skinny jeans, septum piercings, dirty vans sneakers, and all things American Apparel. Try work boots. Get the fuck outta here.

"I BEEN BEAT UP BAD. I BEEN KICKED AROUND. I BEEN THROWN OUTTA EVERY OL' BAR IN THIS DAMN TOWN. I GUESS THEY DON'T LIKE THE WAY I LIKE TO HAVE FUN, 'CUS I'M ALWAYS OUT THERE, AN' I'M ON THE RUN, AND I'M RUNNIN' AND A GUNNIN' AND A LOOKIN' FOR A REAL GOOD TIME."

I've done so much trip I can't look you in the eye. If only that was my excuse. I've actually done so little "trip" I can't stand to look anyone in the eye, for fear of what I might do. Were I to have done "so much trip" I would probably be able to stare blankly. At you. In the eye.




Now excuse me while I depart for a trip across various planes of existence. Various realities. Various sleep states. Various states of chemically induced intoxication.

"WELL I'VE BEEN AWAKE FOR EIGHT DAYS STRAIGHT, IT MUST'A BEEN THEM PILLS I TOOK. I BEEN TWITCHIN' AND TURNIN' AND SEEIN' VISIONS. IT MUST'A BEEN THEM PILLS I TOOK."

No comments: